GBSLEP Sustainability Hub Project Support Officer
SALARY BAND: Grade 4
Contract: Fixed Term Contract to 31st March 2023
Location: GBSLEP Growth Hub, Chamber House, 75 Harborne Rd, Birmingham B15 3DH & Working from home
Closing Date: 28/11/2021
GBSLEP are looking to take a lead on providing high quality sustainability support services for businesses in the GBSLEP region in order to reduce emissions in line with national, regional and partner carbon reduction targets, whilst reducing business costs, making them more competitive and creating a growth in low carbon jobs.
The Opportunity: The GBSLEP Sustainability Hub will be responsible for delivering the GBSLEP’s Clean Growth Programme, which aims to support regional businesses in reducing their carbon emissions and innovating within their business to align with Net Zero. The Project Support Officer’s role will be to contribute to the success of the GBSLEP Clean Growth Programme in delivering its targets to time and budget. The successful candidate will also contribute to the Sustainability Hub in achieving its business engagement targets.
The Candidate: Will have the ability to support the Sustainability Hub team in progressing applications from businesses to access the Clean Growth Programme through each of the Programme Management Stage Gateways in accordance with the Assurance Framework, including project set-up, assistance in preparing contractual agreements, monitoring project progress against agreements, and raising risks/ issues and reporting. They will be able to demonstrate that they can undertake the following duties:
- Working with internal and external stakeholders to support the development of new and existing project applications to help deliver the Clean Growth programme objectives.
- Working with the Sustainability Hub Manager to ensure approved project applications progress as planned, and are governed in accordance to policies and procedures, by providing check, challenge and support, collecting and interrogating data, reporting on progress, attendance at the Clean Growth Project Board if required, and managing project change requests as required.
- Working with the Sustainability Hub Manager and Sustainability Hub Energy Assessors to ensure project completion and evaluation plans are completed, and ensuring lessons learned fed back across the programme.
About us: The Greater Birmingham and Solihull Local Enterprise Partnership is a partnership of businesses, public sector, and further and higher education leaders. As a collaborative partnership, we work for the benefit of everyone who lives and works in the GBSLEP area. This collaborative and business focused approach enables us to target interventions for maximum benefit to the local economy Our mission is to drive the economic growth of the Greater Birmingham and Solihull area, creating jobs and increasing the quality of life for all our residents. Our geography spans nine local authority boundaries: Birmingham, Solihull, East Staffordshire, Cannock Chase, Lichfield, Tamworth, Redditch, Bromsgrove and Wyre Forest. We have a population of just over 2 million people, an estimated 1,038,000 jobs, and an economy worth £46.8bn.
How to Apply
To apply please submit your CV along with a covering letter covering the following:
- Why you are interested in the role
- How does your knowledge, skills and experience match the specification
- What makes you a standout candidate
- Your current or most recent salary
- Notice period or availability date
Send applications to recruitment@GBSLEP.co.uk quoting reference Projectsupport21 by 28th November 2021.
For more details, please download the job description from our website.
We encourage applications from all backgrounds and communities, and value diversity in our team.
THIS ROLE IS FUNDED BY GBSLEP GROWING PLACES FUND (GPF)