Jobs Fund Support Broker
SALARY BAND: Grade 4
Contract: Fixed term contract to end December 2023
Location: GBSLEP Offices, Birmingham City Centre
Closing Date: 03/07/2022
Salary Band: £29,003 - £36,308
GBSLEP operate a Skills Hub that works alongside the GBSLEP Growth Hub to support the development of skills, training, and employment needs and overcoming barriers highlighted by the client businesses in the GBSLEP area.
GBSLEP is looking to recruit two Job Fund Support Broker to assist and support young people (NEETs) and employers. Successful candidates will bring a passion for innovative approaches and a drive to implement an ESF funded project. Within these roles Brokers will be:
- Working to engage with young people (NEETs), to determine eligibility for this project and supporting them to apply for the roles created as a result of the offer of financial incentives for employers in the GBSLEP area.
- Working with employers who wish to take up the financial incentive offer to create a new apprenticeship or job role to establish a recruitment process, job offers, risk assessment, employment and support for the NEETs.
Reporting to the Head of Skills, Job Fund Support Brokers will work closely with the GBSLEP Skills Team and the Skills Hub Team to support the implementation of the Birmingham and Solihull Young Persons Young Fund (BSYPJF) which provides a crucial stimulus for employers (particularly SMEs) to create new job roles, Traineeships /apprenticeships and recruit young people Not in Employment, Education or Training (NEET) into their workforce for at least 12 months employment. This activity directly supports delivery of GBSLEP’s Strategic Economic Plan (SEP) 2016-2030, the West Midlands’ Local Industrial Strategy (LIS), the GBSLEP Delivery Plan 2022-23 and the GBSLEP Young People’s Strategy – You(th) Matter.
This role is part funded by European Social Funds (ESF)
To be considered for this role you will need:
- Significant and detailed knowledge of the skills, training and employment support landscape
- Knowledge of business issues and skills growth barriers, particularly for SMEs and the kinds of solutions available to them
- Knowledge of unemployment issues and access to employment barriers, particularly for young people (NEETs) and the kinds of solutions available to them.
If all of this sounds like you then, we would love to hear from you! Please send your CV and covering letter ASAP to email@example.com. Applications close on Sunday 3rd July 2022.