- GBSLEP backs the Midlands Rail Hub plans;
- Midlands Rail Hub plans, submitted to government by Midlands Connect, outline up to £2 billion of new and improved infrastructure, to be completed between 2024-2033;
- Supporters including West Midlands Mayor Andy Street urge government to invest in the proposals, as well as deliver HS2 in its entirety;
- Upgrades make space for 24 new passenger trains an hour, 85,000 seats a day in and out of Birmingham, with an estimated six million more journeys each year;
- Birmingham, Coventry, Hereford & Worcester amongst towns and cities to benefit from faster and more frequent services as east-west rail travel is transformed.
Read the press release here.
See a map showing how the Midlands Rail Hub integrates with HS2 here.