Greater Birmingham, and the wider West Midlands, is a growing centre for testing and providing health innovation, working in partnership with businesses and patients.
World leading companies
Health Technologies encompasses;
- biotechnology (drug development, diagnostics);
- medical technology (devices and consumables);
digital health (digital delivery of health services, personalised/precision medicine and data analytics) and
technologies from other sectors with applications in health (advanced materials, precision engineering, manufacturing)
- Supporting the launch of the West Midlands Health Technologies Cluster.
- Providing £14 million funding for the Precision Health Technologies Accelerator – the catalyst for the Birmingham Health Innovation Campus.
- Funding the Science Industry Partnership (SIP) West Midlands Life Sciences Skills Report which outlined the potential for 10,000 new Life Sciences jobs.
- Leading on the opening of the Unit 9 Medical Technology Incubator at Birmingham Research Park.
- Funding a new Workspace Study to identify potential sites for companies.
GBSLEP is leading initiatives to lever value and deliver growth from our world-class industry, clinical and academic assets. In turn, driving innovation and adoption of new approaches and technologies.