Optimising our physical, cultural, and environmental assets and improving our physical and digital connectivity.
Our ambition is to create better places for all of us to work and live in. We want to attract business and investors to vibrant locations where talented workers can grow and thrive. Our work has a strong cultural focus that contributes to the wellbeing of our communities. This is essential in helping us to measure success against targets we have set to increase the quality of life for all our residents by 2030.
Through our Place work, we want to:
- Develop thriving towns and local centres
- Improve and use the potential of our creative and cultural assets
- Deliver major growth and regeneration opportunities
- Improve connectivity and mobility
- Use the transformation opportunity offered by HS2
- Increase the supply of housing and employment land