Optimising our physical, cultural, and environmental assets and improving our physical and digital connectivity.
The Greater Birmingham and Solihull Local Enterprise Partnership area is located at the centre of the UK’s motorway and rail networks, and its geographical position means that it is within four hours’ travel time of 90% of the UK’s population. Our world class cultural and sporting offer, beautiful countryside, excellent connectivity, and leading quality of life are acting as magnets to visitors and investors, businesses looking to grow, and people looking to raise a family.
Within our ‘Place’ function we aim to make the most of our physical, cultural, and environmental assets, so that our area remains one of the best places to live, work, visit, and invest.
Through our Place work, we want to:
- Develop thriving towns and local centres
- Enhance and harness the potential of our creative and cultural assets
- Deliver major growth and regeneration opportunities
- Enhance connectivity and mobility
- Harness the transformational opportunity presented by HS2
- Increase the supply of housing and employment land
Please look through our Place pages for more information on the work we are involved with across the region.